Thursday, June 5, 2008

Blue Moon

Once in a blue moon… I feel blue.

Once in a blue moon I miss you.


I ain’t so sure ‘bout the color of the moon

I think its blue... not again!!! its too soon.

Every now and then…

Don’t know why or when

Once in a blue moon I miss you.


There it was shining nice and bright

Singing sweet lullabys to me all night

And now from nowhere the weather has changed

Clouds came over and my moon they estranged

My pillow hardly bears the warmth of your arms

I close my eyes and it alarms

Me as I realize

Once in a blue moon I miss you.


So is this what they call love?

I ask the gloomy moon above

He stares back at me stolid and cool

“Find it out for yourself, you poor little fool

And when you finally make up your mind

Let me in on your brand new find

So I can go back to my sweet old yellow

So you can go on feeling mellow”


I think about you all the time

And yet I can’t make up my mind

It takes courage to admit as such

What it is that I miss so much.

Is it really you or an imagination I adore?

Increasing confusion at the core,

The nights go by and the moon stays blue

Once in a blue moon I miss you.

10 comments:

FrostBite said...

Holy mother of god the Poem is amazing!!!!
just took my breath away!!!
just too good!

Praj ~ said...

ata poems pan karayla lagli ka tu...
kahitari thev ki etar lokansathi...

hehe... neways... gr8 one...

Jitesh Shah said...

beautiful:)

nivaantharshad said...

sweet!

Sayali said...

Hey gal...awesome poem!! loved it!!!
Keep it up!!

Sayali said...

Bingo !!! sweet poetic and clear :)

Ameya said...

Wonderful....!

Vedang said...

he tu lihila aahe???
khup bhaari aahe... genuinely good! :D

Shweta Jain said...

hey ketaki... khup khup chaan aahe tujhi poem :) loved it

Anonymous said...

You write very well.